The Jane Goodall Institute Blend - Fresh Coffee Network
Developed in partnership with the Fresh Coffee Network, the Jane Goodall Institute Blend is an ethically sourced and certified organic coffee that was launched at Loblaws® Maple Leaf Gardens by Dr. Goodall during her Canadian 2012 fall tour.
How the Jane Goodall Institute Blend supports sustainability and gives back to the chimps:
- 2$ from each pound sold goes directly to the protection of chimpanzee habitat and creating more sustainable livelihoods for people in Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- It’s roasted locally in small batches with 100% specialty grade Arabica African coffee from regions including Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and the Democratic Republic of Congo – all near areas where Dr. Goodall conducted her chimpanzee research.
- The packaging is made of 100% post-consumer recycled material (FSC approved).
With each cup of the JGI Blend, you are supporting a more sustainable world by helping to:
- Provide access to health clinics and schools for people in the eastern DRC
- Protect & restore forests in Tanzania, Uganda and DRC
- Fund environmental education programs and provide sustainable income generation strategies
- Provide a safe haven for chimpanzees at Tchimpounga - the largest chimpanzee sanctuary in Africa
Look for the Jane Goodall Institute Blend coffee at:
- Loblaws® stores located at Maple Leaf Gardens and at Queen and Portland
- Merchants of Green Coffee
- St. Lawrence Market
- ING Direct Café on Yonge Street (seasonally)
- Mountain Equipment Co-op® Toronto from November 1st to January 6, 2013.
Learn more about Fresh Coffee Network and purchase the JGI Blend online